Thursday, April 16, 2009

here is my entry for this weeks high hopes challenge #26. "Pierce It". i must say i dont really like to do paper piercing, but i really got into this challenge. I LIKED IT!!! for piercing, i pierced the scalloped corners, and the center strip. for the center strip i pierced and then hand sewn with DMC floss. im really liking the look. (it was also my first time sewing a card). i have a machine but im hesitant on sewing paper with it, and my little kitchen table/card making area, doesnt leave me alot of room if i bring it out. im thinking, next time im bringing it out!!!

for the scalloped circles, i seen a tutorial awhile back on how to make them, im sorry i cant remember the name of the card maker. soo credit goes to her. they were super easy to make.
the images were colored with prismas and gamsol. i also added hints of stickles for highlights. i love stickles!!! stickles were also used around some on the edges of paper.
hope u like!!!
stamps:high hopes
paper:su cardstock, su dp
ink:stazon
accessories, scallop punch, MS fern punch, su corner punch, flower punch, nesties, dimenstionals, stickles, prismas, gamsol, brads, paper piercing kit, DMC floss

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is adorable! I love how you put the little scallops in each corner with the corner punch! You know, I never thought to use the birds with the bird bath... I wonder why????

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is so pretty! Lovely detailing, like the scallops. Just a beauty of a card!